Description of Symposium: Aim
One of the most significant shifts in our contemporary world is the trend toward obtaining and analyzing ''big data''
in nearly every venue of life. For better health, wellness, and well-being,
it is very significant to acquire personal meaningful information from big data.
However, the following outstanding challenges should be tackled to make big data become personal:
(1) how to quantify our health, wellness, and well-being for generating useful big data that will become meaningful knowledge;
(2) how to turn the large volumes of impersonal quantitative data into qualitative information
that can impact the quality of life of the individual;
and (3) how the quantitative data and qualitative information contribute to improving our health, wellness, and well-being.
This symposium seeks to explore the methods and/or methodologies for the above three questions.
We show this concept on discovery informatics for health, wellness and well-being in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Image of symposium for “Big data becomes personal”.
To explore such technologies of how big data is being made personally usable and meaningful, our proposed symposium tackles the following new and/or important challenges. This symposium will bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers to discuss possible solutions for our wellness by focusing on AI techniques.
- How to quantify our health, wellness, and well-being
- How to turn the large volumes of quantitative data into qualitative information on our health, wellness, and well-being
- How the quantitative data and qualitative information improve our health, wellness, and well-being
- Applications, platforms and Field Studies